- Collaborate to promote strong cross-sector participation in planning, implementing, and evaluating community health efforts.
- Inform people about the range of preventive services they should receive and the benefits of preventive services.
- Support use of retail sites, schools, churches, parks, recreation centers, public spaces, and community centers for the provision of evidence-based preventive services.
- Expand public-private partnerships to implement community preventive services.
- Reduce barriers to accessing clinical and community preventive services.
- Provide people with tools and information to make healthy choices.
- Promote positive social interactions and support healthy decision making.
- Engage and empower people and communities to plan and implement prevention policies and programs.
- Reduce disparities in access to quality health care.
- Bring together professionals from a range of sectors with community representatives to ensure that community health needs are identified and that needs and barriers are addressed.
- Help ensure that prevention are culturally, linguistically, and age appropriate, and that they match health literacy skills.
By focusing on these areas, Healthy Detroit hopes to:
- Improve the quality of life, health, and well-being of every Detroiter at every stage of life.
- Help shape the city into a society centered around healthy and active living.
- Decrease the number of Detroiters suffering from preventable, chronic illnesses.
- Improve access to healthy food options in Detroit’s neighborhoods.
- Increase the amount of physical activity Detroiters engage in.
- Increase preventable health care services available to residents in the city.
- Become a one-stop hub for everything “healthy” in Detroit.